Monday, April 16, 2012

Hello!




       Hello! So if you could not guess by the title, I am allergic to things… most things. Anyway. I am a 21 year old college student doing college-y things with my life and I thought you know what! It’s about dang time that someone made a resource for young adults with allergies. I’m not a mom dealing with a baby with allergies so that about limits me from most websites and support groups dealing with allergies out there. So! I decided, well gosh golly (haha who says that?!) that I was going to make my own! So here it is. This is my place to talk to you. My aim is towards young adults, so ranging from teens to early 30s. I want to talk about what you want to hear so I’m going to start off with what I would have liked to hear someone else talk about. Whew, was that as confusing to read as it was to write? Sorry it’s late and I’m excited. Once this things gets rolling I’ll base what I’m going to talk about off what feedback I get from you. So let’s get started!
       

       A little bit about me:  (Allergy wise)

       I was born with super nutzo allergies. I was not a baby, I was one giant hive. It was kinda gross. Growing up we went to many different allergists to help but most would not touch me. We did find one who did some weird experimental treatments on me and somehow I’m alive today! As of today my allergies stand at this : I am anaphylaxis to any form of dairy, fish, nuts, and not so anaphylaxis to eggs. I used to be but I have grown out of dying from that one, now my throat just gets hive-y and itchy and it’s gross and weird feeling. Also kiwis, melon (not watermelon yumm), bananas, fur, feathers, animals, and the outside. For real the outside, I went to get a skin test and every single thing came up positive. Everyone! The lady there was like, (in her British accent) “Oh! I have never seen this before!” Really lady?! Thanks for the confidence; peace. I have grown out of a ton of things though. I have grown out of to name a few, strawberries, red dye (which used to be in Benadryl so I couldn’t talk that, uhh what??), and many other things. At one point all I could eat was beef and spinach… gross. So that’s my allergy history. Yayyyy.
       
       Now for my awesome just as a human history! 

       I am a movie nerd to the fullest extent. I have only lost one game of scene it in my life and I am still very bitter about it. I love films so much I am even going to school for it. I am studying Cinema Studies and I absolutely love it. I hope to work in television or films one day. I am a little more partial to television though to be honest. I love fried rice, big dogs, The Cleveland Indians, Criminal Minds, and anything British. I am pretty weird but who wants to be normal anyways, only boring people. And they can all go be normal together. 
     
       So that’s about it, feel free to ask me anything else, I’m an open book. Except like where I live and stuff… creepers. 

       SO! How this will work. I have this Tumblr which is where the main postings will be. I will post a written and video portion to most posts. I will also post videos to my YouTube account. Also check out and “like” my facebook page. (Nerd much, like me! Like me! Ahh, I feel like I’m back in high school.) Also check out my twitter and shoot me an e-mail as well. Feel free to contact me, I love hearing from you!
     
       I will post a couple different things throughout the week. I will go about these first couple weeks kinda loose to allow improvement so let me know what you like! But overall I will be posting a couple different types of videos each week. One will be an overall topic that I want to talk about (these will be geared towards you! So tell me what you want to hear!), a recipe that is allergy friendly, my product of the week (food wise), product of the week (not food wise), and some allergy tips thrown in there every now and then to spice things up.
       
       I’m excited to get this going so lets make this happen cappen. Until later, Ciao! 

2 comments:

  1. Great intro, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great intro! Living with allergies is frustrating, and you're worse off than most of us in that department. But you clearly have a great sense of humor, which is a huge key to staying upbeat and happy. I look forward to your blog and hope it educates those who don't understand. Best of luck in college, your writing is excellent and entertaining, so I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete